Hello, beautiful Pirates!
I put together all the drafts you sent me and prepared after our Barcelona meeting. Thank you for the hard work! 🙂
I put it into a Google doc. I’m very sorry for using it, but for this stage I couldn’t think of anything more efficient and well-known. As I understand completely if some of you don’t want to use it, I prepared also a pad version, and I will transfer your comments and edits from the pad to the Google doc, to make it as accessible as possible. You are also free to copy it to whatever platform you use, work there and then just copy your changes into the Doc. I hope this system is plausible for everyone. <3 I just kindly ask you to make any changes into the Doc using the regime “Suggestions” (upper right corner) or using comments, thank you.
To make it easier for you, I summarized, how is it looking for each program point and from which to get inspiration:
- Agriculture, Maritime, Fisheries: perfect 1 A4 format and a job well done. Needs check, but otherwise strive for this look 🙂
- Climate Action & Energy: Kerstin send me the draft “Environmental Policy” (first three paragraphs). She accepts any recommendations or help, this section still needs work. I also copied there the text from the original draft in case we want to use it and incorporate it.
- Digital Affairs: I only copied what was in the working pad a what was discussed in Barcelona. This part needs serious editing!
- Structural funds: Perfect. Just check it. 🙂
- Education, Culture & Research: Needs serious shortening and check.
- Social Affairs: Also a good example on how it can look. Needs only check.
- Foreign and Defense Policy and Migration: Two drafts were created here by a miscommunication, but I already contacted the two people responsible and they will hopefully agree on one. Otherwise a good job.
- Space program: I was contacted by a Space Policy and Global Security Researcher interested in Pirate policies and he suggested to add this section and can work on a draft based on the points i put into the text. I ask you: Do we want this new topic/point?
- Taxes: Not done, but the Taxes team promised me to deliver a draft in the middle of October.
- Transportation: Also great and finished in my eyes. Needs just a check.
- Corruption: Needs check, whether it is all possible on the EU level, as it is just taken from the Czech statement.
- Legalization: The Legalization team promised me to deliver something next week, will insert it.
Now, for the promised deadlines. I kindly ask you to follow (or let me know in case that is not possible) this schedule:
21.10.2018: Every topic will have a draft to read (who: working groups, esp. legalization, taxes, digital affairs)
31.10.2018: End of comments and edits in the Google doc (who: working groups)
15.11.2018: The texts will be consolidated into a common structure, checked and sent to parties to a final round of comments (who: me & PPEU team)
15.12.2018: End of final round of comments (working groups, party representatives)
31.12.2018: The texts will be consolidated according to that and sent to parties for an approval. (who: me & PPEU team)
31.12.2018 = Day we have a final text.
Then it’s up to each individual party, how will they approve it, as we all have different internal structures, but if it can be approved and thus promoted as our common program on 31st January at the latest, it would be awsome.
We are at a final stage and can do it! I believe in us. Let’s give it our best for the next few months. 🙂
Thank you and I wish you all a great day.
Head of the International Dept., PPCZ